Sunday, December 30, 2007

Review: The Heartbreak Kid on DVD


The best part of this movie is that it is an adult comedy. In a time where the film industry is dominated by family movies that rarely appeal to me its good to see a movie where they dont feel the pressure to censor a script and remove such gem's as "fuck me like a black man". Unfortunately that is probably the best line in the whole of the movie.

Im getting pretty fucking sick of Ben Stiller flicks in which the premise of the film is anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and then he fixes it at the end. They are going to do this formula to death, or they already have. This is Along Came Polly with more cursing and references to cocks. Oh it does get extra points for the graphic sex scenes.

One other thing bothered me about this movie. Some how Carlos Mencia managed to do the worst mexican impression I have ever seen. I could do a better job, and be funnier. I just think that if you are a mexican you should be able to pull off a mexican role. Jack Black was a more convincing mexican in Nacho Libre. Thats all Im saying.

Still it wasn't a complete waste of time, its a good rent for a couple in the mood for a silly movie.

3 cock me's out of 5 (remember bonus points for seeing Mailin Akerman 's fine breasts, and because the IMBD lists pubic hair as a plot keyword.)

No comments: